Buzzing felted Bees arrive at their - Waldorf inspired - wooden Beehive

To me, Bees represent Summer, Harmony 
and certainly the fragility of our World.

Built by local bees, within our driveway telephone connection box
 As Spring began, I started thinking of the humble bee. 
Wanting to both represent and pay tribute to 
 this industrious little creature - in our homes. 
Yours AND Mine.

 Before Summer came, the idea was formed.
The designs were drawn and the discussions began 
as to how best create a beehive... from wood.

The bees too have been a work in progress.
Should I sew, draw, wet or dry felt? 
Fabric, felt, fleece?

Yes.
Summer here is waning...
Though it will come around again and again...
And so now,
I am ready to share.

I have made only 5 of these sweet play sets to share with you.
They have taken much thought, time and endless love to produce.
They will be available in my etsy store 
until sold out.
I hope you enjoy them.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,