Newest vintage sheet pants

Yesterday afternoon, we were all in need of a little quiet time, after another wonderful weekend. So while Mr Turtle sat flicking through an Animals in Nature book. Little Pipkin and I pulled out the sewing machine and finished another pair of pants. (He pulls out the pins ~ & tries to sneak in the odd pedal push ~ as I sew). 


These were made from a cotton vintage sheet discovered while on an op-shop treasure hunt.
I'm making good progress through my cut-out pile of pants and shorts. 

Of course, as always happens with my little boy who really loves and appreciates hand-made (& comfy clothes), the pants almost haven't come off since they were completed. And have been worn in the last 20 hours with a green t-shirt, aqua singlet, orange t-shirt and purple long-sleeved top. 
All of which suit my son and his new pants, very well!

 

Labels: ,