Books by Angelika Wolk-Gerche

Born in Germany in 1951, Angelika Wolk-Gerche studied design in Hanover before becoming an art teacher. She now works as a freelance illustrator and textile designer, as well as leading courses in arts and crafts.  She has written several books, which are printed in both English and German. She currently lives near Stuttgart.

I am loving ALL of Angelika Wolk-Gerche's felting books!
I had heard rumour around our Steiner School, of using templates to make hollow fantastical creatures. 
2007
So, when I recently came across another of Angelika Wolk-Gerche's books at the library ~ Creative Felt: Felting and Making Toys and Gifts  2007 I was so excited!
It's full of templates. For felted gnomes, treasure bags, dolls... Oooh!
It also has a sweet 'History of Felting' in the introduction &
many useful facts about the wool, natural dyeing and tools you require.

She has also released the following that I know of:
Creative Felt 2009
Making Fairy tale Wool animals 2002
More Magic Wool 2001
Papercraft - 
Though I haven't opened this last one myself yet
 This is only the tip of the iceberg.
Wait until I get started on other books by her publisher!
...and then on to other craft books and magazines I'm in love with...
Gracious Me, I need much more time-
To read, make and share with you!


Labels: , , , , ,