Red Lentil & Veg Hearty Meal


I wanted to share this quick meal I put on the table tonight
It was eaten with relish by all family members.
It was truly filling, nutritious and delicious ~
Nourishing to my heart and our bodies!

Red lentil Veg hearty meal
1 shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2t cumin seeds
1t turmeric powder
1t ground cumin
1 cup red lentils
Pinch Himalayan rock salt
2 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 zucchini sliced
Handful baby spinach
Handful fresh corriander

Fry shallot & garlic in olive oil until cooked.
Add spices and cook for 30secs to release flavours.
Add lentils. Cover with water, boil then simmer until lentils cooked.
Add salt, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach.
Stir through cook gently for 2 mins.
Stir through corriander. Remove from heat and serve.

I served it with home made chapatis & My Man's own tomato salsa

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,